Recently a (quite wasteful) tax metering system upgrade generated loads of e-waste and a good source of dumpster diving. I scored a set of such tax metering hardware for PCs. I got the disused boards and peripherals, but not the computer itself.
I decided to check how much of the disused system I can repurpose and reuse in my own designs.
The year 2014 is about to end, and here I am, rounding it up.
I finally started to tie up loose ends in my college years although it seem to me that it may be too late and may will result in an extra year in school. My research paid off though, with several patents in waiting although I really don’t have the time and resource to research them all in depth. One of them, the translation assistant, is my graduation project so that will receive some in-depth development but other than that it is all meh.
I am pretty surprised to find out this is happening when I was debugging my L2TP/IPSec tunnel: someone is trying very hard to guess my root password over SSH. A quick check proved to me that my private cloud is under attack too.
Somehow destiny brought me to StartSSL, a company that provides free SSL certificates. This prompted me to replace all existing CACert certificates and enforcing SSL on all publicly available entry points: blogs, bug tracker and git code repository.
If you have previously added the CACert root certificate to access my website, please remove them now as public entry points no longer requires that, and new entry points will be added with similar StartSSL (or other free services’) certificates.
Jon Cozart, the creator of the YouTube channel Paint, beyond pulling off quartets with himself, made a point in some serious issues from the point of view of Disney characters, mainly princesses. I am trying to break it down and have a little review.
I have finalized the negotiation with the professor I preferred to cooperate with and she agreed to green-light my proposal as my graduation thesis project, Subtitler Pro, the computer assisted translation software based on an old project of mine called DST which was built for the translation community I still am part of, and my pending patent CN 201410215960.X, with an optional special request that I can make the final product an app that she can use. This special request made my life a little bit more difficult.
Long sentences and crazy brackets ahead. Read with care and maybe a piece of paper to assist parsing and understanding.